Friday, September 4, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Oh my, I had to put the book down several times so I wouldn't be crying while at work (towards the end of the book). This book is hard to describe. I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the story. I enjoyed the characters. It was interesting. It was also painful at times and sad. In fact, I want to cry right now.

It's a love story and it is sweet to think Clare grew up knowing her husband. It was painful to think about the eventual loss and the constant waiting (and throw in the miscarriages and emotions that go along with all that).

I was confused at first, but as the story progresses, I started to "get it" and it was easy to place Henry in the story. It truly is an interesting read-- something different.

This was a fast read for me-- three days (of course, I had some free time at work)!

I don't know if I will see the movie. I hate sad movies and I have a feeling it would be sad. I don't know, I'll have to think about it.

For those of you who have read this book or seen the movie- what did you think?

1 comment:

R.Toft said...

I listened to the audio version of the book several months back while driving on a business trip. I hadn't heard of the book before or any reviews, just picked it off the library shelf b/c the summary sounded interesting. I didn't know what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised. It certainly made my drive more enjoyable. From what i remember, some parts were a little confusing near the end, but maybe i wasn't paying close enough attention. I was excited when i found out a movie was being made based on it. Even though i'm usually disappointed in movies based on books i've read, i look forward to seeing this one (though will not pay to see it at the theater).