Monday, September 29, 2008

Baby Shower Projects

In keeping with my last post about quick projects-- here are some easy baby shower items/gifts that I created for my sister's baby shower gift bags.


Candy bag filled with Hershey kisses. I stamped the label with a Michael's $1 stamp and water color penciled the image. I used a scallop punch and eyelet to add a little color to the tag.



Post it note holder. Stamped the image, water color penciled it in, and some fancy folding. Super easy, super cute.


Chocolate bar cover. Very easy-- just paper, scallop and circle punch and ribbon. I created stickers with my niece's name and stuck them on some tags for an even more personal touch.


Customized candles. I ran tissue paper through the computer printer with Eva's name, cut it out and used a heat gun to adhere it to the candle. The heat gun melts the wax and the tissue paper just blends right in. Very cool. Also stamped some images on tissue paper and did the same thing.


The whole package-- complete with a Target $1 scrapbook (colors matched, so I couldn't resist).


And last but not least-- I just had to match the cake to the invitation. It was so cute and I'm glad I drove all the way to Virginia to get it (really, it was only an hour drive and I knew the woman who was going to do it, so it was totally worth it)!!!

So, all in all, I thought this turned out really cute and all the projects were so easy to create. I just love to add handmade items to gifts or baby showers.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute gifts. Those stamps do come in handy!

Anonymous said...

I have had the most fun reading your blogs today. Going back thru the archives. You and Grant are going to have so much fun when the time comes to have kids- Watch out baby Lunsfords! Love Ya

Chris and Melody Harrell said...

I WISH i had time to do this stuff, too! I'm actually throwing a baby shower for a friend in December . . . any good ideas???