Wednesday, August 26, 2009

More books

Never Let Me Go is quite an interesting novel by Kazuo Ishiguro.

It's a novel about cloning and organ donation, but not written in a scientific type way at all. In fact, it's very vague about all those details. It's actually a novel about people and their relationships. So interesting and such an easy read.

It's a little sad, much like the other novels I've read. But it's good.

I just read that they are making a movie based on this novel and rumor has it that Kiera Knightley will be in it. It should be good and I look forward to seeing it when it comes out.

I also finished C.S. Lewis' The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. I'm shocked I never read this as a child, but I think I was turned off by the "fairy tale" element to it. It was delightful though. So sweet, fun, noble, moral, etc. I look forward to reading this to my kids (or having them read it for themselves at a young age). I love, much like Winnie the Pooh, how C.S. Lewis talks to his readers as if they were part of the story. It just makes the book special, I think.

Both books are great, easy reads.

1 comment:

sarah said...

When you are done with your reading lists you should read the entire Chronicles of Narnia...I tried as a child and hated them, but they are now my very favorite books (after Pride & Prejudice, of course!).