Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm back

I tell you last week was trying. Very trying. I had a kidney infection from hell. Sent from Satan himself. I'm most sure of it. It was awful. I don't even want to think about it, so I won't. I will tell you that there are certainly situations when I think modern medicine is a life saver. This was one of those times. I am still on antibiotics and will be until next week, but that's okay, because at least I can walk and breathe now!

I wish I could say that I was doing everything natural in between taking the antibiotics, but it's hard to make the "natural" remedies when I could hardly stand up. I did eventually start taking cranberry and garlic pills and, call me crazy, but I certainly felt the best I had the day after I took those pills. When I had a tad bit more energy, I also made homemade chicken noodle soup using my own chicken stock. It, by far, gave me the most energy and the only thing I felt worthy enough to put in my body. Pure, unadulterated chicken stock, chicken, potatoes, carrots, onions, parsley, cabbage, a few noodles and some salt. That was it and it was awesome.

I never want to have another one of those again. But I don't really know how to prevent it (trust me I drink about 2 liters of water a day-- it ain't the "drink more water" thing). So I will just continue with my life and pray for the best!!

Back to regular posting and quilt making soon.

3 comments:

sarah said...

i know how you feel! i used to have recurring kidney stones and infections...at least twice a year! the best thing to prevent them is to take cranberry supplements daily. or if you like the juice, drink that daily. black tea is also very good for the kidneys--it contains the same tannins that are in red wine. the tannins help detox the kidneys and keep the flow going! if you don't like caffeine the decaf black tea has the same level of tannins so you get the same benefit. both remedies were suggested to me by a naturopath after i'd become antibiotic-resistant... and they've worked amazingly! i don't take the pills anymore, just the tea.

glad to see you bloggin' again! i love to read about what's going on with you.

Jan said...

How awful! I just can't imagine. I'm so sorry you had to go through that and still on the mend. I'm praying your body heals very soon and you're back to yourself again.

Susan said...

Yay for you feeling better, Andrea! I hate that you were so sick, but I'll be praying for you as you continue to recover! Welcome back; you were definitely missed!