Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What's going on

I feel like it's been forever since I've written. I caught an awful cold last week and am still feeling the effects of it-- 10 days later. It kind've killed any energy I had for blogging or anything else semi-productive for that matter (I did finally watch Slumdog Millionaire though).

While trying to stay "busy" at work this past week (yeah, I worked despite my cold), I came across some lovely sewing fabric by Amy Butler. Her stuff is fantastic. It got me inspired. It doesn't take much. And I started wandering the web for neat fabric and ways to use it. So, I ordered a book from the library- should be in soon. Found local fabric stores. Discovered the joys of charm packs (5 inch squares of coordinating material). And started my first two quilts. Maybe, I have been more productive than I thought.

I'll post some pics of the beginning of my two quilts and also a finished knitted blanket with the most adorable felted birdie (custom made for me by a friend).

Until next time.

No comments: