Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This is Sadie


She is a beautiful, green-eyed, velvety soft, slightly rounded, vocal, large, gun-metal gray, pleasantly plump, loud kitty cat. I love her-- did I mention she is large and vocal.

She likes to wake us up at 5:00 in the morning just to remind me that it will be breakfast time in 3 hours. I love her. She follows me EVERYWHERE I go, just in the hopes that I might give her a treat or better yet feed her a little early. Yep, she is a sweetie. She fights with her big brother and lets out the most horrendous, blood curdling, ear piercing, banshee mimicking screams at 3:00 in the morning. Yep, that is always fun to wake up to. That’s my girl. She has a fascination with cups of water. She must dunk her head into any open container of water and drink lavishly, as if it sweet nectar from the gods. And when she’s done, she will then bat the cup of water so that it spills everywhere, as if to say, “hah, cup of water, I am Sadie and I am in control here.” (This is why I have resorted to water bottles). She swats, bats and tries to bite me when I sing really loudly and according to her out of tune (me, really, no). And yet, I love her still.




Ahh, sweet nectar from the gods . . .




What? It's not my fault you left your cup out. Silly human.


No comments: