Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sew, Sew, Sewing

Can you take one guess as to what I have been doing these past couple of days? 


Did you guess sewing?  Really? 


Oh my goodness, you are correct!  I've been browsing around Pinterest looking at all the neat sewing tutorials around.  There are so many good ones, it's hard to narrow them down.  For some reason, I've fallen in love with bags.  I've made three bags in the past two days.  These bags were all sewn together during nap times or after she went to bed (all this to say, they come together really fast).  I was able to use fabrics that I had on hand and with the exception of a magnet closure had all the other stuff on hand as well. 

Here are the links to the bags I've done:  Buttercup Bag, Zipper Pouch Bag, Gathered Clutch Bag.  I'll post pictures of what I've made as soon as I load them on to the computer (sigh).   

I have to tell you that these picture tutorials make the world of difference for me.  I CAN NOT read a typical pattern to save my life.  That's why so much of what I've created in the past has been patternless.  But when you give me pictures and instructions, I CAN DO it!  I guess in this respect, I'm a visual learner.  I encourage anyone who has ever been scared of patterns to give a tutorial a try.  You will probably be amazed at how much more sense it makes. 

That's it for now!

3 comments:

The Vernon's said...

Me too, me too! I cannot read a real pattern to save my life! They make NO sense! But give me a tutorial with pictures and I'm golden!

I can't wait to see your finished products!!

(love the pictures of Coraline eating dirt... Aubrey does the same thing with sand!)

Jan said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the things you've made recently. You are such an inspiration to me to get my behind going. :)

Andrea said...

Kellan, Glad I'm not the only pattern-illiterate person out there! Sometimes, I feel a little silly!

And Jan, my friend, you are most definitely an inspiration to me! But we all need to take breaks and refresh ourselves once in awhile!