Monday, May 31, 2010

We are here . . .

and alive and doing well. I tell you-- the recovery process has been a long one for me and since my computer is upstairs and I've been camping out downstairs- updates have been lacking.



Coraline is doing well. She is nursing great and for the most part sleeping pretty well. She loves to be held and prefers that over her bassinet! Uh oh! I've spoiled her already. She has no set schedule or pattern that she follows as far as nursing- it changes everyday and every hour. So I'm a little nervous to venture away from home. She is very alert and has great awake time. She loves to stare at fans and windows. We take her out a few minutes a day to visit our garden. She needs a little sunlight since she had a touch of jaundice at birth (due to me and her having different blood types). She's already had a few sponge baths and likes to have her hair washed (or as her daddy likes to say "getting her hair did.") She does not cry when she needs a diaper changed but has started to wail when she is hungry (a trait she gets from me, I'm afraid)! Hmm, that's about all I can say right now.


(happy milk dreams)


(all snuggled up and warm)

(too funny- she's so tiny)

1 comment:

sarah said...

All three of my babies have their daddy's blood type, so I had to deal with the jaundice each time. I'm so happy to hear that all is going well! Can't wait to hear her birth story :)