Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rebecca

Just finished the book Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier. One of BBC's top picks. It was a good book.

I thought it would be a lot scarier than it was (probably because Alfred Hitchcock directed the Oscar winning movie) and the line on the cover says "unsurpassed . . . romantic suspense." However, the last chapters were the most suspenseful- and it takes you awhile to get there. I also thought it would be a lot wordier than it was since it was written in the late 30's- thankfully, it was not.

And as usual, I fell in love more with the house than with the characters of the book. I'm a sucker for an old English manor!

It is an easy read, although a little long. I was able to get through all of it during sporadic quiet times at work.

The movie is on my Netflix queue.

No comments: