Saturday, July 4, 2009

Quilt No. 2

Here is quilt number two.



This was my first attempt at free motion quilting. Basically it is drawing with a sewing machine. I had to get a whole new foot and feed cover for this technique. I used the stipple technique. It seemed the easiest to master for my first time. Looks like puzzle pieces.




I loved the flannel I found for this quilt. It just fit so well with the overall colors.



I was a little hesitant on the sashing fabric- the brown fabric. There was no brown in the quilt, but the flowers matched some of the patchwork quilt flowers, so I went for it. Overall, I was pleased with the result.




I thought this quilt was the perfect gift for a friend and her new baby girl, so rolled it up, put a ribbon on it and sent it off.



Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! I am totally impressed! You've really developed a knack for quilting. Great job!