Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Peace Girls . . .

I was so, so fortunate to be able to go to a small, all women's college. So fortunate even, that I'm still paying for those wonderful memories in the form of a check to the NC College Foundation every month! I know, it seems so old fashioned, but it was, by far, the best experience of my life. There is most definitely a bond you form with your roommates, suitemates and hall mates that neither time nor distance can compete with. And the fact that you don't really have to dress up to go to classes helped too.

A couple weekends ago, Peace held its annual alum weekend party and I, along with several other First Finley girls, packed our best duds and went.

Here are some of the highlights:

Dinner at 18 Seaboard on Friday night.



A science experiment. This well may be the only time I've looked through a microscope. I was a history major after all. But I felt very important wearing this lab coat.

My other very important friends. Robin was right at home in her old lab.

Then we needed to pose with Mr. Peace himself as the class of 2002. Despite some of our faces, we were thrilled to be there.


The party begins. What, no food in front of me. That was about to change. Oh, how quickly that changed.


There was lots of this going on all weekend.



And lots of posing too.



How I love these girls. Forever friends indeed.


No comments: