Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cloth Diapers


(Coraline in an AIO cloth diaper)

I love being able to cloth diaper Coraline. We save lots of money and we are helping the environment! To start our stash off, I bought a lot of different covers, pocket diapers and all in ones, since I didn't know what would work for us. But through trial and error, I have finally found the system that works for us.

Grant and I both love the BumGenius All in Ones (AIO). Essentially AIO are treated just like disposable diapers except you put them in the washing machine instead of the trash. They fit her well, they are easy to put on and they contain blow outs well! So, I like to have 10 AIO and I also will continue to have two Thirsties diaper covers and prefold cloth diapers on hand. With this stash, I do diaper laundry every other day.

I'm thrilled that we are able to cloth diaper her at night with no leakage. The AIO allow for inserts to be put into the diaper, so you get more protection at night.


(diaper laundry)

(another cute cloth diaper and baby legs shot)

1 comment:

Nadine said...

I love the way the cloth diapers look! So cute! I also plan to cloth diaper my son. I've registered for some and I definitely love hearing positive things about it. It's certainly not a popular subject this day and age, but I want to do what's best for my son, the environment and our wallet ;0)