Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Garbage

I've been inspired by many blogs whose mantra is to live simply and frugally. One of the recurring themes is to reuse and recycle as much as possible, so as to be budget friendly and reduce the waste that they are producing. I've tried really hard to start thinking about what I'm throwing out: can it be recycled, can it be reused, or can it be given away. I'm so proud to report that we have had one garbage bag full of garbage this week. Just one. I've been recycling as much as possible and can conclude that it makes a huge difference in the amount of waste we throw into the garbage can. You know the frustration that comes when you need to throw out the large cereal box-- it takes up half up the garbage can. But instead of throwing it away, you can recycle the box and, boy, does it free up your garbage space!

Grant (lovingly) rolls his eyes at me when I tell him I want a compost bin, but I am seriously thinking about it. To be able to reduce my garbage even more by "recycling" my food scraps would be awesome- and the added benefit of compost for the garden is a great incentive.

Anyway, that's my post for today. Hope you are having a great Tuesday!

No comments: